Monday, May 25, 2009

Where I'm From - Christine Jenkins

I am Hey Diddle Diddle and ‘mares eat oats’
I am Jack and Jill and very neat printing
I am grade level anthologies and cartridge pen cursive script
I am Nancy Drew and perfectly parsed sentences and i before e except after c

I am encyclopedia that come free with each week’s groceries
I am the clandestine surveyor of National Geographic photographs
I am Bible Club, 40 days of rain and no room at the inn
I am Archie and Veronica and Betty

I am molecular models and cellular labels,
I am mathematical equations and chemical formulas
I am the periodic table and numbers
I can spell Drosophila melanoganster

I am newspapers, McLean’s and crosswords
I am picture books and Newberry Medals
I am book club and CBC and Canada Reads
Mostly, I am a story teller.

No comments:

Post a Comment